Childbirth Education Classes held at Whangarei, Bay of Islands, and Kaitaia Hospitals are free to all women.
The Childbirth Education Educator is an experienced Midwife.
The benefits of joining the classes include:
- Partner or husband or support person invited to participate
- They are a great way to meet other new parents to be
- Learn about pregnancy
- Learn about labour
- Relationships and planning your future
- Learn about caring for your newborn
Course content covers:
- Healthy Pregnancy – normal delivery
- Complications of Pregnancy and Delivery
- Breathing and relaxation exercises for use in labour
- Discovering and caring for your newborn
- Infant Feeding
- Harmonious Relationships and Planning for your Future
- Community Supports and Tour of Delivery Suite
- Bookings are essential as there are limited places per class
Discuss with your LMC about going along to Childbirth Education classes at your local hospital.
Hours: Evening Classes – 6.00pm – 8.00pm, and weekend classes - 9.00am-1.00pm
No Childbirth Education Classes will be held on Public Holidays.
Location: Dates and venues may change.
Whangarei Hospital also runs special teen pregnancy classes, which are currently held at ‘The Pulse’ community centre.
Te Pua Wai Ora
18 Commerce Street
09 430 2324
Or contact your LMC at Bay of Islands, or Kaitaia Hospital