Trained technicians provide free screening testing at;
*Click here for more information on Newborn Hearing Screening.
- 4 years,
- 5 years ( if missed at 4)
- year 9 in Decile 1-3 schools
In preparation for starting school, all eligible 4 year olds have a hearing screening test as a component of their B4SC.
These screening tests are carried out in community settings alongside Well child / Tamariki ora nurses
For more information on: Ministry of Health B4SC programme
Or contact the Northland B4SC coordinator to arrange an appointment
School Based Hearing screening Tests
- New Entrant Hearing Screening Test
A hearing screening test is provided for all eligible new entrant children who missed having a B4School Check.
- Year 9 Hearing Screening Test
A hearing screening test is provided for all eligible Year 9 students in Decile 1, 2 and 3 schools as part of the Year 9 HEEADSSS Assessment
Need more information? Contact us:
- Far North - 09 408 9181 extn 7865
- Mid North - 09 404 2858 extn 7865
- Whangarei/Kaipara - 09 430 4101 extn 7865
Or email email@example.com